Saturday 21 March 2015

Now That's Life



Ahh..... It's been a while since I've had the chance to sit back, put my feet up and relax. 

Awesome day despite the drifting, snowy, blizzardy, icy roads we set off on this morning and the mostly rainy weather all the way to our half-way point where we are staying overnight. We did get an hour or so of playing peek-a-boo with the majestic Rockies and the sun poking in and out of the clouds.

I don't know if we've ever taken our time like this to make this often travelled trip from Northern Alberta to Kelowna B.C or vice versa from Kelowna to Northern Alberta.

Stopped for lunch in Edson and stopped for a browse in Jasper. Drove to Valmount and got a room at the Super 8 for the night. They have a huge hot tub here! 

I was in there faster then you could shake a stick at me. Just what my weary bones needed. Went out for supper to the diner across the street and now I'm listening to some tunes coming in live from the Streaming Cafe in Kelowna as drop my thoughts down in this blog.

As soon as I sign off here I'm going to crawl into my cold wet swim suite, ugh, and head back out for another soak in the hot tub. Yes! Just wish I could lock the door and ditch the swimsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment