Monday 13 March 2017

Coming Alive

My last post was titled "Stuck In The Cold." This one could well have been, "Coming Out of The Cold," or "Balmy Spring Day." At least I hope it was a sign of spring and not a false alarm. It sure felt like the real thing after coming out of our stretch of deep freeze weather. We hit plus 5 today. Woohoo! I went for a long walk in Peace River and everyone I met had a big smile on their face and I smiled right back. It felt like the world was waking up and coming alive.


I started journal #146 on the weekend. There's no greater joy than the smell and feel of cracking open a brand new journal. I love to feel my pen slide across the smooth, off white paper and watch my thoughts and reflections fill the blank page. This journal feels so different than the one with handmade paper I just finished.

I certainly don't fill journals as quickly as I once used to though and maybe that's a good thing from a financial aspect. I'd hate to see how much I've spent on my journal addiction thus far. But then, I consider it to be a better addiction than others I know.


So here's a funny story. On Saturday we decided to go swimming with our friend Marcel. I went to the bedroom, grabbed the swim bag, threw in some clean underwear for when we got out of the pool. We jumped in the truck and made the 50 minute drive to High Prairie, all three of us anticipating a relaxing time at the pool and a good soak in the hot tub.

When Andree and I got in the dressing room, she opened the swim bag, and said, "Uhh.., there's no swimsuits in here."

"What? What do you mean there's no swimsuits?"

"I mean there's no swimsuits! Did you grab them from where they were hanging behind the bedroom door?" she asks.

"Nope. Damn! Now what?" I ask.

"Well Marcel has a swimsuit and he's likely already in the pool waiting for us to join him. So you go and I'll wait out here and read my book."

"What? You want me to go naked?"

"You have clean underwear and it's black so put that on and go for it, Andree said."

And I did. And no one knew any different, (I don't think). And I managed to have a good time after I got over feeling bad about Andree having to sit on the side line by herself. But she's a good sport about stuff like that and I knew she meant it when she said she didn't mind sitting and reading her book while she waited for us.


When I was a kid, I used to dream about being taller. Then one day, I discovered I could be taller if I stood in the right spot. Sometimes, it's the simple things that make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment