Sunday 26 July 2015

Birthday Tea Party

My little granddaughter was 4 years old yesterday. I may not have been there physically but I was there in spirit to join her for her tea party.


One of the reasons for moving to Alberta was to be closer to my children and grandchildren but I'm still 8 hours away from the younger ones. Still, it's a more manageable trip when I don't have to cross the Rocky Mountain range to get to them in the dead of winter.

I hope to make my way out to see them again soon. Those little ones have so much energy they tire me out but they also fill my bucket and bring me life.


Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have to work for a living and I could be more of a grandma to them. But then again, there's a fine balance between being involved in their lives and being over involved in their lives.

I want to be one but not the other.

I heard somewhere that butterflies are attracted to pure spirits. That's what little Jesse is - a pure spirit. She has her own little character but she's true to who she is. There's no pretense there. No games. No fear in being herself. My wish for her is that it stays that way.














1 comment:

  1. You are a great grandma to them and they love and miss you dearly! Thanks for the birthday gifts for her!

    ReplyDelete