Monday 29 October 2018

Sashquash Day

It's a great place to be in Sashquash town otherwise known as Harrison Hot Springs. Spent the whole day here and will be spending the whole day tomorrow before we head home and back to reality. For now, I am more than grateful to have the opportunity to soak in the hot springs to our hearts content and to hang with these rather friendly creatures whenever we come across them.


This morning we went out to grab a bite to eat and landed in this cozy little joint that served a scrumptious home cooked breakfast. It's a good thing we walked there because there was only one parking left and we didn't dare take that one.


But I found who that parking belonged to and struck up a friendly conversation with him.. He's the one that pointed to the breakfast cafe and said that's where he had just filled his tummy. Just the size of his belly was enough to convince me it must be a great place to eat, and it was!


 By the time we left we figured we better do more walking to burn some of those calories so Andree decided to follow this guys footsteps to see where that would lead us and sure enough, we encountered another one, but this guy didn't look all that friendly to me.


But then again, Andree can strike up a conversation with just about anyone and somehow eventually sweet talk them into a smile. This guy wasn't falling for it in the beginning but he eventually caved and cracked a grin too.


It took us a long time to walk only a little ways since we were always stopping to snap pictures of the many flowers and trees or simply to feast our eyes on natures plentiful gifts.


I always love yellow flowers with the brown center that look like sunflowers. Reminds me of the poetry book I'm reading right now called The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. It reaches the core of me. Touches me deeply.


Do you want to come and sit a while with me under the tree? We could sit on the bench facing the lake. Or sit under the bonsai tree. We could talk about everything or nothing if you'd rather just sit and be.

It doesn't matter which you choose. I'm sure that once we're together you and me it will be just like when I tell you Namaste. Which means.....
  

I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is love, truth, light and peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are One. 

No comments:

Post a Comment