Tuesday 1 March 2016

Blunder, Blunder, Blunder!

I didn't have to make my way to my Peace River office today so I took the opportunity to go out for an afternoon walk before the sun went down, something I don't usually get to do unless it's the weekend. It made me feel better about the blunders I've made in the past few days.


Yesterday I got a call inviting me to attend a conference in Red Deer on the weekend of March 11th. to set up a table to sell my book "In Search of Oneness." After getting some details I agreed to go.

I was just hanging up the phone and excited about sharing my news with Andree when a thought came to me and my heart sank. Oh no!

"What's the matter?" asked Andree.

"March 12th - it's the day we have tickets to go to the live theater play in Jean Cote that we bought way back in December isn't it?"

"Sure is." she responded.

"I did it again!"

"Did what again?" she asked.

"The same thing I did the other day - double book myself because I never marked my personal stuff down on my calendar."

The other day being when I agreed to hold a book reading and discussion night in St. Isidore for a group of women who once a month organize a special event for people in the community who wish to attend.

The date for this presentation is on April 7th. The same date for which, a month or so ago, I purchased two tickets for my editor to attend a talk by Margaret Atwood at the Winspear Center in Edmonton.

Two events which I was looking forward to attend have now been replaced with two completely different and unexpected opportunities that landed on my doorstep and I agreed to without realizing they were on the same dates.

Gotta wonder about my head space and how life is full of weird curve ball surprises sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Time to carry your datebook, dearie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, no doubt!
      Would you like my Margaret Atwood tickets?

      Delete