Saturday 19 March 2016

Don't Know Why

I don't know why this picture intrigues me or why I love it so much but I do. It speaks to me of the Silence & Belonging I spoke about in yesterday's post. Alone, immersed in the silence, feeling the sacredness of the moment, filled with gratitude. Alone, yet understanding, being with, part of, one of the same, belonging.


We went to High Prairie late this afternoon and this old building of perhaps 100 years ago, with it's many unspoken stories, also spoke to me of the Silence & Belonging.


It was a wonderful afternoon. The first part of which was a very pleasant hour and a half spent visiting with some good friends we had not dropped in on in a while. From there we stopped at home, picked up all the empty bottles stacked in the shed and took them to the bottle depot before making our way to see our other good friend, Marcel. We had to twist his rubber arm, but we finally convinced him to join us for supper in High Prairie.


It was a pleasant fun filled ride there and back. Of course Marcel was snapping pictures from the back seat.

Lucky us, we saw 2 moose and 5 deer on the way back. Got home after dark and I suited up for my 2nd walk to reach my 10,000 step goal for the day. Actually made it to 11, 440 despite going here and there, doing this and that and not having that much time to walk.

Oh, and while out on one of those walks, three different flocks of geese flew over head.

Spring coming maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment