Saturday 31 December 2016

Why Do We Cower....

.....at revealing our true selves to the world?



I was wondering today who, or how many people actually read my blog. There's really no way of knowing. It is live on the internet, along with a gazillion other things, so who knows. Not too many people know about it I don't think and it's unlikely anyone would find it without the actual URL address.

Still, writing on a blog is a little like publishing a book. It's a practice in vulnerability. Once it's out there, it's out there.

I think the part that draws me to writing is the challenge. The first challenge is the actual writing. I suck at spelling, grammar and punctuation, (as I'm sure some of you have noticed), and words have never come easy for me, so writing can be painstakingly slow, yet the pull to do so is always there.like a fisherman beckoned by the sea.

The second challenge, is finding what I need to say, finding the right words to say it with, daring to say it, then sharing it with the world. That's often the most scary part and also the most rewarding part.

That's where the real juice of life is. It's where we get to discover, own, and reveal our true selves. There's a lot of power in that.

All bundled up

Out for an afternoon walk
And again at sundown

No comments:

Post a Comment