Tuesday 26 July 2016

We've Landed

"How's Quebec?" Brenda asked.

"Hot, muggy and beautiful," I responded.

Our gracious hosts, Edith's sister and her niece, greeted us with open arms and served up a delicious dinner consisting of lemon chicken, potatoes, and corn on the cob that we certainly did justice to after our long day that started at 4 am this morning.

Travels went very well though. No delays. No hiccups. No hassle. The only not so great part was the 2.5 hour wait at the Montreal airport where the air conditioning was turned up so high we had to keep walking to stay warm. Which I suppose wasn't all together a bad thing after sitting on our butt flying above the clouds across Canada.

Hey, remember these? I thought they were extinct. Three or four of them at the Montreal airport.


After dinner, I went for a walk on my own and discovered another beautiful trail to walk in only minutes from the house where we're staying. Can't figure out how I missed it the first time I was here. Gorgeous, peaceful place for a stroll. I truly appreciate having different and new places to walk then my usual places at home.





I'm sure Pumpkin wouldn't be too happy with me tonight if she saw this guy sitting in my bedroom window. Kenya is slowly warming up to me. He's pretty timid but I'm thinking he just might be curling up on bed before the end of the week.


Tomorrow the plan is to go get the bike I've rented for a week. Can't wait to do some cycling exploration in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment