Sunday 18 October 2015

A Typical Evening



Where the heck does time go? I see I haven't showed up here for 4 days. I'm quite sure I had more time on my hands when I lived in an apartment. There was no eaves-troughs to clean out, no grass to cut, leaves to pick, or painting to do. But, I couldn't do a darn thing about the drab dirty white walls, I only saw one side of the world and by the time the sun crossed over to the other side of the building I wanted to run away from the dungeon I lived in.

Now that we live in our own place, I don't have to put up with a 250 lb man doing gymnastics and letting out some bellering martial-art sounds on the floor above our heads at all hours of the night. Nor do I have the nasty smell of marijuana drifting down the hallway or have to put up with partying college students all weekend long.

Now what I have is windows all around so I feel like I'm part of the world no matter what room I'm in and a front and back deck to catch the sunrise and sundown. I have a shed to store my bike instead of having it sit behind the table in the dinning room. And the only noise I hear in the evening is the sound of soft music playing in the background, the scratch of my pen across the page or the tap, tap, tap of my keys as I answer emails, record my meditation or write on my Lou to You webpage. 

3 comments:

  1. My mom always liked one particular house of ours on the farm because there was a window in each direction of wall, so she could see out all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always liked one particular house of ours on the farm because there was a window in each direction of wall, so she could see out all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully understand why your mom would like that one particular house. I could easily live in a house of windows. Likely wouldn't be very warm but I would love being able to see all around even more than I do now.

    ReplyDelete