Sunday 25 October 2015

The Mighty Peace

I don't have the name of the photographer so I can't give him credit. But what a beauty!
"The Mighty Peace" as Georgette would say. This photo was taken specifically for her, then printed on a canvas and given to her as a farewell gift when she moved to Edmonton last week.

She often stopped and sat on that bench to enjoy the view when she was out taking a walk by the river. It was the absolute perfect gift for her. She got to bring a piece of the Peace River with her.

A few weeks before, on a beautiful Monday morning, I was driving her back home, and as we descended into the valley via the Judah Hill way, she exclaimed, "Ah, the mighty Peace."

Knowing her heart twas heavy as a result of her impending move and she was feeling rather melancholy when she spoke those words to me, I responded to her by saying, "You know Gerogette, peace is something you take with you in your heart wherever you go."

She smiled then and said, "You're absolutely right. I must take peace with me."

I hope that every day she is able to hold on to that peace in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment