Friday 12 August 2016

Are We There Yet?

As I was driving to Edmonton today to join up with Karen, and tomorrow with Jody and Brenda, I was thinking about times when I traveled with all four children. It was inevitable that at one point or another, each one in turn, would pipe in with the question, "Are we there yet?"

I wouldn't be surprised if I hear the same question when we're out bike riding this weekend.

I'm glad I got to Edmonton early though. I got to see my two grandchildren who I have not seen this summer. I figure I did pretty good being that I managed to convince these two teenagers to unplug from their electronics long enough to go for a walk with grandma.

We made our way to "The Carrot." That's the place where I did my very first book launch. I love the ambiance at this community arts coffee shop that's run by volunteers. I really enjoyed my time with Cole and Sadie. It was fun to have the opportunity to chat over a treat and a cold drink. I gotta tell you though, I feel like a midget beside them now. When did they get so big?



No comments:

Post a Comment