Sunday 7 August 2016

Touchdown

Of course I made it back home from Quebec. It was an awesome trip but it was straight back to work upon arrival. Isn't that always the way it goes when one comes back from holidays?

I worked pretty much straight through to Friday night - got home at 8:30 that evening, did my paperwork, had a quick bite to eat and my honey and I headed out to spend the weekend with some of her family at Five Star.



We gathered around the campfire and did some sharing and in between rain showers I managed toescape for a bit of alone time by the river to do some writing.



Plus I finished the book "Uncovered." It was an interesting read. On Amazon part of the description they give goes like this:
"In Uncovered, Leah Lax tells her story―beginning as a young teen who left her liberal, secular home for life as a Hasidic Jew, and ending as a forty-something woman who has to abandon the only world she’s known for thirty years in order to achieve personal freedom."
This memoir intrigued me, pissed me off, made me think, choked me up, reminded me of my life in some ways, touched me deeply in other ways and had me cheering for her to find and free herself.

The story content may not appeal to everyone. I know that for me the religion part and the way women were treated often had me seething with anger, but her writing style spoke to me enough to keep me reading and got my taste buds going to start writing again.


It will be a short week this week. I'm off to GP tomorrow. Tuesday and Wednesday are full work days and Thursday I'm off again for a long weekend.

I'll tell you more about that as soon as I get a chance........

No comments:

Post a Comment