Thursday 27 August 2015

Getting Into Trouble

The month of August is always slow for my type of business and that's when it's dangerous for me to get into trouble. This August wasn't any different. So yesterday, I get up and decide, this is the day I'll start a grand scheme long term project idea. This time it happens to be painting the inside of our house.

I have been patching holes, sanding, patching more holes and sanding some more with the hopes that in the end, the place will look better than when I started. But by the time the sun started to say goodbye to the day, my arms felt like dish rags, and I hurt in places I didn't know I had, Then, when I looked at the dust and mess all around me, I found myself scratching my head and questioning my sanity for having started this at all.



Fortunately I have a stubborn streak inside me that won't let me abandon a project once it's started which is a good thing otherwise I'd be in even bigger trouble.

It might take a while working this in between other things I have on the go but as long as I get it done before the snow flies and the windows are frozen shut I guess it will be okay. I'm not very patient though so I don't think it will take forever. Besides I won't be able to stare at the white spots for very long before it drives me bonkers.

1 comment:

  1. At least you tackle big jobs! I'm impressed. I'm so afraid they'll drag on forever and I'll never finish them, that I don't start.

    ReplyDelete