Sunday 30 August 2015

Good Morning Sunshine!

For me there's nothing like looking out and seeing these bright smiley little faces swaying in the wind. They bring me such joy with their burst of life and color. Doesn't take much to make me happy.


Yes, there's more than one and yes, they are actually more than 10 feet tall!


For Andree, there's nothing like a fresh perked coffee on our backyard campfire. 


According to her it's the best coffee you could ever get your hands on. And that statement was quickly seconded by our next door neighbor.  


I wouldn't know. I've never even tasted that stuff. For me it's a cup of Alpine Berry Tea from Two Leaves and a Bud Company. Hmm, hmmm...so good. Yup, we have a pretty simple kind of lifestyle us two.

Still sometimes we'd like to escape to a place where we could live even more simply. Where we could live even more solitude and peace. For us that would be a cabin in the middle of the bush where we could sit back, relax and drink in every precious little moment of the day.

Mind you we're pretty close to that here in this little village of 305 people. The only traffic in this town is people going to and from home, people going to school or to pick up the mail at the local post office. There is nothing else in town not even a grocery or convenience store. 

But, as I get older I realize more and more that peace is something we find within and not necessarily a place we need to move to.

No comments:

Post a Comment