Sunday 31 January 2016

Recharging Batteries

This morning I was listening to music from a radio station I access on my iPhone. The sound was being transmitted from my iPhone to my portable speaker through bluetooth capability. I was listening to the music while sitting in my lazy boy chair and writing on my laptop.

Every few minutes my writing was interrupted by a voice message coming from my speaker. "Battery low, batter low." Almost simultaneously a message came up on my computer screen warning me it was coming to it's end too. "Only 10 minutes of battery power left. Plug into external source!"


Reluctantly, I got up from under my comfy blanket in my cozy chair and made my way to my desk to go plug in. First I plugged in my computer so I wouldn't lose my work followed by plugging in the speaker so it would quit interrupting me. Then I thought how nice it would be if I could plug myself in to charge my battery.

Unfortunately, as we very well know, there's no such place or thing but wouldn't it be nice if there were. The way technology is going I wouldn't be surprised if that's next thing around the corner. But, as much as I enjoy some of the technology available to us nowadays, there are some things that just don't seem right.


Plus, it's time that I unplug this morning. I need to get my butt in gear and clean up some of the dust bunnies and cat hair floating around all over the place. Then I will go for a walk down the side road.

You never know, the fresh air just might charge my battery enough to give me the courage to attack the prep work to get ready to paint another room.

2 comments: