Thursday 7 January 2016

We Are One

“What we reach for may be different, but what makes us reach is the same.”
Mark Nepo

I love this statement. It dives deep into my heart. It encompasses so much. It is profound. It is truth.

It speaks of me and you. It speaks of our humanness - of humanity. It strips the fluff away and leaves the essential.

When I share my story, it awakens yours. When I wipe your tears it touches my heart. When I look deep into your eyes I see a reflection of myself.

I sit by a flowing creek or listen to a piece of music and feel the movement transport me into the future, a world of possibilities and of connection.

For you it’s a day of preparing a meal for family and friends that nurtures, brings life and a sense of togetherness.

We are both reaching for the same thing in different ways. A sense of well-being, a sense that we matter, that we belong, that we are part of.

We are unique but we are the same.

“When I look deep enough into you, I find me.”

We are One.

No comments:

Post a Comment