Tuesday 12 January 2016

What's The Story?


I often wonder what the story is behind this piece of furniture. It used to belong to my grandmother's mother and I'm not sure if she got it new or if it was handed down to her.

So let's see, my grandmother (Victoria Rheaume Gour) was born in either 1899 or 1900 which means this dresser, or whatever you want to call it, has to be somewhere close to or more than 120 years old.

I wonder what was it used for before it housed my new waiting to be used journals, an assortment of odds and ends I need to pack back and forth from one office location to another, and a big pile of typed out sheets - excerpts about writing that I pulled from my journals in case I decide to write a book about my struggle with words and the importance writing has had in my life?

1 comment: