Saturday 22 October 2016

On The Hunt

For some new living room furniture that is. We've decided to ditch our Kijjiji purchased sofa and love seat for four chairs. Holy catfish! Shopping for furniture is just as complicated as shopping for a car these days. Different colors, shapes, sizes, fits, textures, fabrics, and on and on it goes.

We went through one furniture store after another but it wasn't until we entered the LazyBoy store that we actually got hooked. It didn't take long for Andree to find a chair she was comfortable in. She snuggled right in, put her feet up, and immediately nodded off for a good 15 minutes. In the meantime I followed the sales lady around hopping from one chair to another trying to find one that suited me.

I tell you, over the past two days I've parked my touche on enough chairs to fill Taj Mahal and out of all of that, I found only one that I can sit comfortably in where my feet actually touch the floor and it's in the same store that Andree found hers.

But, we decided to check out a few more places before coming to a decision. This time Karen and my two grandchildren, Cole and Sadie, came with us and they found it ridiculously funny how no matter how many different chairs I sat in, my short wheel base left me with feet danging off the edge of the chair like a little kid.


"You've shrunk, mama Lou," my daughter says. She's not the first to tell me this but I think it's everyone else who never stopped growing and it has nothing at all to do with me.

Tomorrow will be decision time. Andree's chair and my chair are pretty much a go, but the two company chairs are still up for debate. We'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment