Sunday 20 December 2015

Odds and Ends

Sunrise on our morning travels to Grande Prairie
Three quotes I read today:

"I'm thankful I had a childhood before technology took over."

Am I ever! I got to use my imagination and I learned how to entertain myself.

I actually enjoyed writing and reading, and I had fun biking, walking, pretending, acting, climbing trees, building tree houses, exploring outside, looking for treasures of nature, making paper boats and floating them down the ditches, counting stars at night, finding animal shapes in the clouds, swinging, skipping rope, target shooting, playing with my cats and dogs, helping on the farm, painting, playing ball, walking on stilts, making tunnels, snow angels and igloos in the snow.

I don't remember ever being bored or scratching my head wondering what to do next. There was always something else to move on to.

"Don't let other people hold the key to your peace of mind."

It took me a little while to fully live that one but what a worthwhile learning to come to. It's always my choice if I'm going to react or respond to what others say or do. I choose to go with what brings me peace.

"Believing is all a child does for a living." Kurtis Lamkin

Isn't that the truth and doesn't it make you want to find your childlike self again? If only we could suspend all our doubts and fears and believe like we once did. How different, not only our life but our whole world would be.

Tonight, I unplugged from technology, suspended all doubts and fears, stepped out of the box, and created.

I started by baking something in a different way than usual, then I stepped out of the box, took big sheets of paper and spent an hour or more doing some finger paintings.

I can't show you the second one. I have no idea who's reading this blog and it's a surprise!
My first paint experimentation

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hmmm...too bad I didn't take a picture of the one I gave away. Much nicer!

      Delete