Sunday 13 September 2015

Night Out

After having our nose stuck in a paint can  and sniffing paint fumes for most of the day, it was nice to get out of the house and have a date night with my partner.

Unlike living in Kelowna where it took 5 or 10 minutes to get to a restaurant or movie theater, where I live now it's a 70 km or 45 minute drive to either Peace River or High Prairie. But that's the way it is when you live out here on the prairies. You have to travel in order to access things and the only way to do so is to get in your vehicle and to drive there yourself. Busing systems are nonexistent around here.

Chinese was the choice for our palate this evening and "Ricki and The Flash" with Meryl Streep is the movie we went to see. I just love, love, that woman. She can play any role and she plays it with such conviction and authenticity that you would swear it is who she is in her everyday life.


Of course whenever I've been out of the house for a while my time isn't my own when I get home. Makes it a little tricky to be at the computer sometimes.

It's late. I need to post this, finish my book, and go get some zzz's.

No comments:

Post a Comment