Tuesday 22 September 2015

Going Deeper

As I was making my way to work this morning I spotted something that made me slam on the brakes, turn around and head back in the direction I came from. It was a bald eagle. Of course when I hit the rumble strips in the pavement I sacred him off and he flew across the road to a higher perch.

Wish I would of had a camera with a telephoto lens for this guy. He looks so small in this picture I snapped with my phone but I guarantee you he isn't. The eagle has always been my totem bird. I used to see them often when we lived in BC and I've missed that so I was thrilled to have this one cross my path this morning.


I looked it up on Yahoo just now and this is what they say is the significance of the eagle is:

"The Eagle represents spiritual protection, carries prayers, and brings strength, courage, wisdom, illumination of spirit, healing, creation, and a knowledge of magic. The eagle has an ability to see hidden spiritual truths, rising above the material to see the spiritual. The eagle has an ability to see the overall pattern, and the connection to spirit guides and teachers. The eagle represents great power and balance, dignity with grace, a connection with higher truths, intuition and a creative spirit grace achieved through knowledge and hard work." 

Driving to work in the morning with the sun rising in the East and beaming in through my side window always makes a perfect start to my day. Needless to say, when I got to the hill and started my descent into town I was a little disappointed to see the fog cover down below.


The first words out of my mouth were, "Oh no!" On another day it wouldn't make much difference since normally I go straight to my office but this morning I was early and I had hopes of taking a walk in the sunshine before going in session with clients. But, by the time I got to the bottom of the hill the cover was starting to lift and I was able to sneak in a bit of a walk.

On my walk I thought about how symbolic all this was. When I was on top of the hill I could feel a tug of war going on inside me. I didn't want to go down into the fog. It felt heavy and so draining that I almost made the decision to park on top the hill until it was time to go to my office just so I could stay in the sunshine.

But something told me to keep going down the hill instead of stopping and when I went deeper into the valley the light was coming through and off I went for a walk along the river's edge. That's when this little fellow came to greet me good morning and to chat with me, in his own lingo mind you.


After a few minutes he graciously, and seemingly without any effort at all, took the sky and when my gaze followed him on his journey this is what I saw.
 

It made me realize that sometimes we have to be willing to go deeper, to enter the fog in order to see the beauty on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment