Thursday 3 September 2015

Dear One:

What the hell am I doing. It's 2:00 am. I should be in bed. Sleeping is what I should be doing. Not sitting at the computer punching away on the keyboard. But here I am. Needing an outlet for the words wanting to spill out of me.

At 7 o'clock tonight I'm holding another book signing, discussion. These presentations stir my emotional insides. It's a strange mixture of joy and anticipation mixed with seriously questioning my sanity and a deep urge to skip town.

I read something by Charlie Knight yesterday. He said; "Everyone has a song. God gives us each a song. That's how we know who we are." 

 If I truly sing my song, it's to unite people. To unify and belong. It's to provide opportunities for people to come together to share in a common bond. The commonality is to be seen, recognized and heard. To connect at a level from which truth is made, spoken and lived.

It’s the message I want my book to bring to people. To be who they are and to know that who they are is important. That their words matter and that they need to be heard.

If my words can help people live their truth and live from their heart then, by all means, I will have truly sang my song.

PS: It doesn't stop me from living the duality. I can't wait for the evening to begin and I can't wait for it to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment