Wednesday 16 September 2015

Getting Antsy

I miss my paper journal and I miss working on a bigger writing project. I'm not sure what to do about it but I know I have to figure something out.

The flow of the pen on the page is not the same as pecking away on the keyboard. And, these little blog pieces, although fun to do, are not the same as being intently focused on a vision for a bigger piece of work and I crave that too.


There's gotta be a way to find a balance between all of it. This whole earning a living thing keeps getting in the way and I'll be dammed if I've figured out how to ditch that one yet.

There are many things I love about writing, but one of the things I love the most and the reason why I crave for more, is the sense of connection and communion it offers me. Therein lies the true gift. What could be more precious than that?

I totally agree with May Sarton who says; "From my isolation to the isolation of someone somewhere who will find my work there exists a true communion."

Knowing this and having experienced this many times over, how could I not want to keep writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment