Thursday 12 January 2017

Busy Times

And, a very interesting weekend it was with my editor, Rusti and her sister, Virginia!


Jammed packed full from Saturday to Tuesday with the four of us throwing ourselves in one activity after another. Zendoodles, writing exercises, genograms, enneagrams, card games, cooking, walks in the freezing cold, bringing in wood, sharing conversations, points of view, laughter, and delicious home cooked meals together.


After all was said and done I had to dive head first into work to catch up but it was well worth it.


Today was an especially long day but a good one with powerful and meaningful sessions. It's rewarding to work with people who are ready to be helped and willing to do the work. Those kind of sessions make crawling out of a warm bed in the early morning hours at 30 below and having to drive an hour to work a very worthwhile thing to do.

I can't think of any other type of work I'd rather do. Except maybe to not have to work at all, and to read and write as much as I want to, whenever I want, or feel the need to. That would be pretty cool.

I had all kinds of plans for my evening tonight but I never followed through with any of it. By the time I got home it was 7 pm. Andree and I sat down for dinner together, then I got to work on my files and by the time I finished that I didn't have much energy left for much else, except to crack open a Pepsi. munch on some popcorn, and watch a few Britain's Got Talent videos on my computer.

I love watching people pour their whole heart and soul into their performance. It's inspiring to see the risk taking, the challenges, the sense of accomplishment, and the heart warming moments when contestants stand in their glory and embrace who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment